Dublin office (Dundrum)
Permanent Full Time
Main Purpose of the Role
Responsible and accountable for the day to day management and performance of the Personal Lines team in the Dublin office. Reporting to the Personal Lines Group Lead.
- Lead the team to deliver a high standard of service, administration and compliance.
- Support the Group Lead in the technical development of the team and the ongoing quality of their work in line with procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Central Bank renewal notice guidelines.
- Motivate and supervise the team.
- Support the Group Lead with the training and development of the team.
- Assess workload and capacity of the team.
- Conduct weekly renewal meetings.
- Update the team on performance to include retention and new business.
- Analyse reasons for lapses and actions taken to prevent lapses.
- Proactive management of team aged debt/account queries.
- Ensuring weekly team metrics advised to Group Lead.
- Holiday/cover management.
- An accredited insurance industry qualification relevant to this function with at least 10 years’ experience.
- Previous managerial experience – minimum 1 year.
- Brokerage experience.
- Compliant with CPD requirements.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry and markets.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Relay software package.
- Knowledge of all personal lines’ products including processes.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to priorities workloads and work to tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills and proven track record to provide a high level of client service.
- Ability to problem solve and follow queries through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Willingness to develop technical knowledge and skills and desire to undertake appropriate study.
- Motivation to develop within the organisation.
- Analytical skills and numerically competent.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Business expenses.
- 23 days annual leave.
- 10 days paid sick leave.
- Bonus and commission structure.
- Defined contributory pension scheme.
- Death in service and income protection cover.
- Examinations/further study sponsored where relevant to role.