Making A Claim
Having to make a claim of any kind can be a stressful and confusing situation to find yourself in. Here at LHK we guide you through the claims process taking away the burden and stress of an unfamiliar situation.
We Can Help You
We have the expertise and experience to help you every step of the way and negotiate a settlement on your behalf. If required, you can also find some useful information on the claims section of your specific insurer’s website.
If you have an emergency outside of normal office hours, you can contact us by e mail . In addition, if your house is insured with Axa XL, please contact the 24 hour claims team +353 1 299 4697.
Empty. Please do not edit or remove.
- Write down the other parties details (The Drivers Name, their Insurance Company, Policy Number, Registration number, the make and model of the vehicle).
- If there are any independent witnesses take their name, address and contact details.
- If possible take some photographs of the accident location and vehicles involved, if this is not possible then make a drawing of the accident with details of the cause of the accident.
- Do not admit responsibility or sign any statement to this effect.
- Report the incident to us immediately whether you were at fault or not.
- If a Theft has occurred then report this to the Gardai immediately.
In the event of Windscreen Breakage please contact us for details of your insurers approved repairer.
Property Insurance Guidelines – What to do in the event of an accident
- Organise emergency temporary repairs to prevent further loss i.e. Burst Pipes, Broken Windows etc. if necessary
- If a Theft is involved then report it to the Gardai immediately.
- Report the claim to us as soon as practically possible. Where you need to report a claim outside of normal office hours and your house is insured with Axa XL, please contact the 24 hour claims team (01) 299 4697.
- Get estimates to repair or replace the property.
- Report the accident to us immediately.
- Detail the exact circumstances in your accident report book/log.