As we brace ourselves for the approaching Storm Agnes which is expected to make landfall in the early hours of Wednesday 27th September 2023 morning, the LHK Personal Lines insurance broker team have some top tips on how to best prepare and protect your home and families. Your safety and well-being are our top priority, and ensuring you have the right home insurance coverage is crucial.
Storm is recorded as one of the top claim events when it comes to home insurance and some home insurance policyholders may not be fully aware of what their home insurance covers them for in the event of damage to their property as a result of a storm. We recommend that you take time out now to review your home insurance policy with your insurance broker.
Our team is on hand to assist you throughout the storm and its aftermath. If you need to report a claim or have questions about your home insurance cover, please contact us.
- Secure garden furniture, BBQs and trampolines, or store indoors.
- Check that gates and shed doors are locked or bolted shut.
- Check that roof tiles are secure, and satellite dishes firmly attached.
- Park vehicles close to buildings to avoid the risk of damage from debris and falling trees.
- Be prepared for power failure with candles or torches.